Sandy Galovich graduated from Westminster’s College of Nursing in 1996. She has been a school nurse for our district since 2001. Prior to working for our district,
Sandy worked for Park City School District and as a Public Health Nurse for Summit County Park City office. She also had experience at Cottonwood Hospital in the labor and delivery, post-partum, and medical surgical floors for pediatrics, orthopedics, and urology. Sandy feels very blessed to have this job. She loves working with our students, the staff, and parents. She is sohappy to have the 2 new nurses, Tiffany and Jorja, joining the nursing team as the SouthSummit School District continues to grow.
|Tiffany joined South Summit School District in December of 2016. She attended nursing school at Westminster College and has worked as a RN at the VA Medical Center for over 20 years. She has worked in many different areas of the hospital, but her favorite is the cardiology unit where she currently works part time. Tiffany grew up in Kamas and graduated from South Summit High School. She recently relocated back to Kamas with her family. Tiffany loves getting to know the students and staff and is enjoying her new position as a school nurse.||Jorja joined South Summit School District in January 2017. She graduated from Westminster's College of Nursing in 2002 and has worked at Primary Children's Hospital ever since. She works part time for the school district and remains part time at Primary Children's Hospital. At the hospital, her main role is the Clinical Technology Manger where she oversees all products and equipment for the hospital. In addition, she fills in at the Spina Bifida clinic as needed. Jorja's passion is working with kids and she is so excited to be a part of the South Summit School District.|
Screenings completed at school:
- Vision screenings are completed on all students from preschool through eighth grade. If you have a highschool student and you would like him/her screened, please contact one of the school nurses.
- Vision screenings are completed at the start of each school year and any concerns will be reported to the parents.
- Dental screenings by Big Smiles are completed each year in the Fall and Spring for grades Kindergarten through High School.
- In addition, the local dentist comes around the second semester and visits a few specific grades. He is proactive in educating students, performing oral exams, and helping decrease students' level of anxiety when visiting the dentist.
- Scoliosis screenings are no longer required, but we are happy to perform one if you have any concerns about your child's spine. If you would like to have this screening completed, please contact one of the school nurses.