South Summit Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides financial support to teachers and students within South Summit School District. The resources allow for innovative, educational opportunities for the schools, which would not typically be provided by the district due to financial constraints. The foundation was organized in March, 2016 and is led by a volunteer Board of Directors.
To unite the community and district stakeholders in acquiring and allocating resources required for quality education that are not provided through traditional funding sources.
The Education Foundation supports students of South Summit School District by:
- Responding to the needs of SSSD students
- Recognizing and rewarding effective SSSD faculty and staff
- Educating potential donors to the benefits of giving through the foundation
- Student Academic Scholarships
- Teacher Recognition
- Engaged Learning Experiences